Psychologist/ Psychological Associate ( Independent Contract)
Nelson is Canada’s leading educational publisher, providing innovative products and solutions for learners of all ages. Nelson values and respects the life-long learning continuum and dedicates its business efforts to the diverse learning needs of students and educators alike.
The successful candidate will be responsible for clinical psychological assessment duties in a school environment working as part of a team. Your duties include conducting psychological testing, administering and interpreting psychological measures, preparation of psychological assessment reports, and providing feedback to staff and to families. In addition, you will be required to conduct interviews with families and support team members in the collection of collateral information relevant to assessments.
This is a contract position, day time hours only. Must be willing to travel within Southern Ontario. Flexible hours available.
- Minimum of master’s Degree in psychology
- Registered with the college of psychologists is an asset
- Member of the Ontario Psychological Association (OPA) Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists (OACCPP) and/or relevant other association
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work with high level of flexibility
- Ability to work well both independently and as a team
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance