Ed-Tech Trainer (Contract) Nova Scotia
Nelson Education Ltd. is Canada’s leading educational Publisher providing innovative products and solutions for learners of all ages. Nelson values and respects the lifelong learning continuum and dedicates its business efforts to the diverse learning needs of students and educators alike.
Edwin is a digital Learning Ecosystem built to ensure all students have equitable access to high quality learning resources. Edwin is delivered on a Dell 2-in-1 Chromebook and contains a rich ecosystem of digital resources tied to provincial curriculum. Edwin is a tool that supports students and teachers in transforming traditional classrooms into 21st century teaching and learning environments. Key to Edwin is the device itself. Each student will have access to their own device 24 hours a day from the first day of class to the last day of the school year. The Edwin application runs in both online and offline environments, ensuring consistent access to learning resources despite varying access to Wi-Fi bandwidth. This evolving application, built upon feedback from students and teachers, is personalized to suit the needs and interests of each learner. Work, study, and communication tools are all housed within this ecosystem, facilitating ease of use for all users and visibility throughout the system for school administration. Visit www.edwin.nelson.com to learn more.
About our Professional Learning Program
The Edwin Professional Learning program ensures educators and administrators with varied skill levels and competency will successfully implement Edwin devices and the Edwin learning ecosystem into their classrooms. Starting with On-Site, Face-to-Face Professional Learning educators and administrators will receive a thorough introduction to Edwin by our Edwin Classroom Success Facilitators. Educators are provided critical best practices to confidently move from paper-based teaching and learning methodology to digital, device and learning ecosystem enhanced teaching and learning environments. Face-to-Face training is supported by ongoing Edwin Classroom Consultations accessed throughout the year. Consultations are facilitated by our Edwin Classroom Success Facilitators and address specific topics including Edwin Technology Enhanced Learning Environments, Learning Ecosystem lesson planning, integration of our partner applications, classroom implementation techniques, Google Apps for Education training and more. Edwin educators and administrators may also wish to access the Edwin Professional Learning Community Site to access extended resources such as curriculum support documents, partner application reference materials, sample lesson plans and video tutorials. Visit www.edwinplc.com to learn more.
Nelson is seeking highly organized individuals for the position of Edwin Classroom Success Team Facilitator. Edwin Classroom Success Team Facilitators are Provincially Certified Educators with professional development experience responsible for delivering on-site and online professional learning services to other educators and board administrators. Edwin Classroom Success TeamFacilitators have experience in adult training. They work directly with educators embedding enhanced digital learning experiences into their 1:1 (device:student) classrooms. Edwin Classroom Success TeamFacilitators will help educators nurture creativity and curiosity in their students through search and discovery learning methodology. They are driven to develop educator capacity by providing a professional learning experience that embeds Edwin into everyday practice. Edwin Classroom Success TeamFacilitators may also provide online training throughout the year on topics such as classroom implementation techniques, integrated lesson planning, Google, Microsoft and other integrated platform tips and tricks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in Edwin training to ensure they are proficient and confident in delivering Edwin presentations. Training will include both virtual and on-site training components.
- Participate in continuous learning webinars for Edwin
- Deliver webinars and on-site presentations to introduce Edwin to educators, walking through the program with a review of best practices and time to play and explore. The Facilitator will discuss how Edwin can be best integrated into their curriculum; work with what educators are currently doing in their classrooms; and promote the development of math/literacy skills
- Arrange and conduct a pre-presentation interviews with the implementation lead to determine focus and goals for presentation
- Remain up to date and familiar with provided resources and materials to deliver a session that meets the goals discussed with School Board or School District leadership team during the pre-webinar interview. Trainers are expected to fully prepare for sessions modelling embedded use of the Learning Ecosystem for various grade levels. Trainers will also leverage appropriate ancillary materials and be familiar with related electronic resources and support items that will meet the needs of each customer
- Ensure completion of an online survey by customer after every session delivered
- Provide a short summary to Nelson in a timely manner after every session delivered
Experience and Education
- Post-secondary education required
- Provincially Certified Teacher credentials
- Fundamentally supports and encourages digital teaching and learning in Canadian schools. Capable, experienced and confident in 21st century 1:1 continuous teaching and learning environments
- Clear understanding and application of provincial curriculum for lesson planning and lesson outcomes. Understands and applies expectations of Global Competencies aligned with curricular outcomes.
- Passionate about connecting and collaborating in order to share best practices, materials and opportunities for educators and administrators to learn from and with each other.
- Strong time management skills and competency for handling multiple tasks and objectives quickly; sense of urgency and results driven; customer focused
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Superior organization, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technology skills. Must be very comfortable using on-line tools
- Must have own vehicle with ability to travel
- Flexibility to provide presentations in person and on-line after normal business hours
- Pre-training Interview: 30 min
- Training Prep: 2 hours (dependent on level of customization)
- Training Delivery: 4-8 hours
- Survey/Summary: 30 min
- Pre-Consultation Interview: 30 min
- Consultation Prep: 1 – 2 hours (dependent on level of customization)
- Consultation Delivery: 2 hours (dependent on number of Edwin teachers present)
- Summary: 30 min