Director of Sales, Western Canada & Inside
Nelson Education Ltd. is Canada’s leading educational Publisher providing innovative products and solutions for learners of all ages. Nelson values and respects the lifelong learning continuum and dedicates its business efforts to the diverse learning needs of students and educators alike.
As the Director of Sales, you will lead the momentum of 20+ sales professionals in establishing the best working relationships with Canadian education decision makers. You will be responsible for the market share growth of Nelson learning solutions and implement strategies to ensure the continued growth of the Post-Secondary Sales Division.
It is essential that all employees exhibit a positive attitude that reflects a collaborative, current, driven to win, disciplined and customer focused approach at Nelson Education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess market opportunities to develop and monitor lead indicating revenue pipeline
- Oversee effective sales plan execution in the field and actively participate in the management of key accounts and relationships
- Analyze and reliably predict market trends and Nelson’s relative position within that market
- Identify and report on new business opportunities and make decisions based on “real” opportunity (pipeline)
- Audit sales team effectiveness to ensure optimization of human capital against goals and objectives of the division within the organization
- Work closely with the Post Secondary Management Team to develop key sales, marketing and publishing strategies
- Develop strategic approach to leverage and differentiate against competitors
- Direct market research activities (including acquisition of competitive intelligence) to support the development of successful publishing plans; marketing messages and activities; and sales activities
- Direct, recommend and implement channel management strategies to fully leverage the potential of all domestic and agency products
- Preserve aligned communication set out to management and sales team
Experience and Education
- A minimum 4 years of sales management experience
- Post-secondary education
- A proven track record in leading a National sales organization is an asset
- Demonstrated leadership, competitive, driven, and financially disciplined in expenditure and ROI
- Evidence of successful strategic planning and execution, innovation and creativity
- Ability to make sound, timely decisions in an environment characterized by continual change
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, analytical and strong presenter
- Strong computer skills, including an overall understanding of management and information systems, database marketing and technology.
- Highly motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Evidence of strong customer focus and customer service orientation
- Publishing experience and/or experience working with Senior education officials in all provinces and asset
- Valid license and requirement for frequent travel