Online Community Engagement Specialist
Nelson is looking for an online community manager to join our rapidly growing Edwin team. You would be an integral member of the Edwin Classroom Experience team, leading product management of the Edwin Professional Learning Community (Edwin PLC).
This new role is key to supporting Edwin educators across Canada through a supportive and collaborative online community experience. Through your expertise in relationship-building and data-driven content strategy, you will facilitate interactions within the community, all the while ensuring communication and alignment within the larger cross-functional Edwin team.
- Facilitation and strategic direction of online community, Edwin Professional Learning Community (Edwin PLC), focused on professional learning for K-12 teachers on education technology platform
- Creation of effective and compelling content (text, video) with the goal of nurturing a strong community of sharing and collaboration
- Fostering of meaningful relationships with educators, encouraging them to share ideas and best practices through the PLC platform
- Product management of the Edwin PLC, including content plan and calendar, style guidelines, management of contributors, adhesion to Edwin brand
- Targeting and development of messaging to specific groups within the online community
- Moderation and hosting of events, webinars, threads, and other community activities
- Implementation of various growth activities to scale our communities and connect with new users
- Support on various forms of documentation for Edwin user community
- Collaboration with Classroom Success, Classroom Experience, Digital Marketing/Marketing teams on content plan and execution strategy
- Ongoing analysis of data and revision of content plan/tactics, as required; Regular reporting on PLC and associated KPIs to larger team
- Marketing, product management, or digital marketing experience
- Ability to create and curate high-quality on-brand written and visual content
- Extremely effective and creative communicator with strong attention to detail
- Ability to build and manage key relationships with a wide range of local partners and influencers
- Experience creating content/event calendars, and communicating these ideas with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong time management skills and competency for handling multiple tasks and objectives quickly; sense of urgency and results driven; customer focused
- Exceptional organization, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technology skills. Must be very comfortable using on-line tools
- Experienced K-12 educator (preferably intermediate/senior levels) with passion for ed-tech
- Active member of K-12 education online communities
- Passionate about connecting and collaborating in order to share best practices, materials and opportunities for educators and administrators to learn from and with each other
- Adult online training/Pro-D and/or eLearning environments experience
Nelson is Canada’s leading educational publisher, providing innovative products and solutions for learners of all ages. Nelson values and respects the life-long learning continuum and dedicates its business efforts to the diverse learning needs of students and educators alike.
Edwin is a digital learning ecosystem built to ensure all students have equitable access to high quality learning resources. Edwin is a rich ecosystem of digital resources tied to provincial curriculum. Edwin is a tool that supports students and teachers in transforming traditional classrooms into 21st century teaching and learning environments. Key to Edwin is the device itself. Each student will have access to their own device 24 hours a day from the first day of class to the last day of the school year. The Edwin application runs in both online and offline environments, ensuring consistent access to learning resources despite varying access to Wi-Fi bandwidth. This evolving application, built upon feedback from students and teachers, is personalized to suit the needs and interests of each learner. Work, study, and communication tools are all housed within this ecosystem, facilitating ease of use for all users and visibility throughout the system for school administration. Visit www.edwin.nelson.com to learn more.