Digital Marketing Manager
We are looking for a Sr. Digital Marketing Manager to help support the marketing and revenue generation efforts for Nelson Education’s Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12 marketing business unit. We are looking for a data-driven marketer with a proven track record across a variety of marketing channels. You must have in-depth experience in demand generation, conversation and campaign optimization. This role will have the responsibility of end-to-end management of the digital marketing strategy for the Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12 channels.
The successful candidate will have experience using email, paid/organic search, display advertising, social media etc., to identify, engage, nurture and convert prospects. S/he should be intimately familiar with using a Marketing Automation Platform, the concepts and best practices of drip campaigns, lead scoring, multichannel tracking, and content marketing. In addition, s/he will have responsibility for managing the customer online experience in efforts to drive online sales and maximize ROI.
- Demand generation/lead nurturing strategy: manage holistic digital marketing strategies and campaigns in efforts to maximize demand and nurture potential customers through conversion funnels
- Create and exceed targets: take ownership and measure, analyze, and report on programs across a variety of metrics, including engagement, funnel lead generation benchmarks, and sales pipeline to ensure marketing is hitting their goals. Prove ROI in our channel investments.
- E-commerce management: manage the creation and ongoing maintenance of a user-optimized, and responsive e-commerce website. Ensure the best possible customer experience while also maximining revenue online.
- SEO and SEM strategies: Be on the forefront of online trends to continually improve our SEO and SEM strategies.
- Reporting & Analysis: Develop, document and maintain digital marketing reporting to measure channel/campaign performance in the market. Provide updates to management/peers on performance to objectives and make recommendations as necessary. Be proactive in providing context and insight into trends by incorporating marketplace and competitive and macroeconomic factors into analysis and reporting.
- Content: Develop and source content that supports the channel marketing strategy. This includes general content designed to drive awareness, tailored content for specific customers and personas, and sales-oriented content designed to drive demand, leads, and conversion.
- Social Media: Conceptualize, drive, implement social marketing campaigns and strategies that achieve business and marketing objectives. Develop social media content calendars and create social media content in support of holistic channel strategy. Set analytics strategies and use social analytics tools to create reports on social growth and engagement
- Lead and build relationships: provide constructive feedback, motivate and balance priorities to get the best quality work from your peers and colleagues. Use your platform to educate team members on best practices, roadmap, vision, and holistic execution strategy.
- Minimum 6 years of digital marketing experience
- Minimum 2 years leading digital marketing programs
- Proven record for developing effective demand generation strategies using a variety of tactics such as digital advertising, lead generation and web marketing strategies including SEO/SEM, email marketing, web content personalization.
- Experience working in a Marketing Automation Platform (Marketo/Eloqua/Mailchimp) creating, managing and optimizing drip campaigns
- Proven experience managing and optimizing an ecommerce website
- Experience in B2B/B2C Social Media Marketing
- Good copywriting skills; able to create call-to-action driven copy for all digital marketing channels
- Understanding and experience working with Google Analytics tools and the ability to set up tracking/reporting mechanisms to capture key metrics required.
- Strong analytical thinking and mathematical skills.
- Organized multi-tasker, capable of managing multiple projects
- Curiosity, desire to improve results and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively manage projects – prioritize and resource to meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting to senior leaders.