NELSON is Canada’s leading educational publisher, providing innovative products and solutions for learners of all ages. Nelson values and respects the life-long learning continuum and dedicates its business efforts to the diverse learning needs of students and educators alike.
The successful candidate will be responsible for clinical psychological assessment duties in a school environment, working as part of a team. Your duties include conducting psychological testing, administering and interpreting psychological measures, assisting with preparation of psychological assessment reports, and participating in providing feedback to staff and to families. In addition, you will be required to conduct interviews with families and support team members in the collection of collateral information relevant to assessments.
This is a contract position, day time hours only. Must be willing to travel within Southern Ontario. Flexible hours available.
- Master's degree in Psychology or Education
- Experience in conducting standardized intellectual and neuropsychological tests with children and youth
- Experience administering, scoring and interpreting standardized parent and teacher report questionnaires Computer skills, including word processing and interpretation of computer-generated test reports, are essential
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work within specific deadlines
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively and collegially as a team member