Learning Solutions Manager (Ottawa)
Nelson Education Ltd. is Canada’s leading educational Publisher providing innovative products and solutions for learners of all ages. Nelson values and respects the lifelong learning continuum and dedicates its business efforts to the diverse learning needs of students and educators alike.
As the largest Canadian owned and operated K-12 publisher, the School Division is a leading provider of teaching and learning solutions in the industry. We have worked to earn the confidence of Canadian educators, students and parents. Our exceptional team of sales, marketing, and editorial professionals collaborate with educators, students, ministries and industry experts to create and promote educational resources. We involve our customers in the development of learning solutions, investing in outstanding and dedicated people, and encouraging innovative and creative solutions to real issues.
The Learning Solutions Manager will be a member of a high performing National Sales Team. The key mandate for this position is to develop and implement a strategic sales plan, exceed sales targets and drive market share growth.
In this role, the Learning Solutions Manager uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures. They exercise their judgment and company objectives in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining results. As problem-solvers they resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
It is essential that all employees exhibit a positive attitude that reflects a collaborative, current, driven to win, disciplined and customer focused approach at Nelson Education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to develop and execute a regional sales plan, and track performance monthly
- Drive awareness of Nelson School print and digital product in the defined territory
- Develop the defined territory by creating and executing strategic planning for focused activities to maximize revenue opportunities and exceed both long and short term goals
- Grow profitable sales by meeting / exceeding sales targets
- Manage T&E and gratis budgets for designated sales territory
- Implements strategic sales plan to achieve direct selling excellence
- Ability to data mine and analyze sales data to identify highest revenue opportunities in the territory
- Establish and maintain positive customer relationships at all levels including provincial, district and school
- High ability to collaborate with key accounts to exceed sales objectives
- Excellent presentation skills to demonstrate digital and print learning resources
- Possess a deep knowledge of e-learning into the K-12 market
- Identify leading educators within the territory to support the development and implementation of Nelson learning resources
- Ability to work Independently
- Physical lifting required daily
- Frequent travel will be expected in high season during the school year (100% of the time)
- Travel will be province-focused
- Required to travel to national sales meetings twice per year in the Ontario Market
Experience and Education
- University degree
- Minimum 5 years of School (Educational Publishing) Sales Experience
- Successful track record in a sales capacity
- High level of business acumen required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willingness to travel
- Excellent Microsoft Skills
- Previous K-12 experience is an asset